Expectations for Compact Schools
The employer members of the Compact have shown their enthusiasm in working with the region's students for career partnerships, and we hope to see this network continue to offer dynamic experiences that prepare students for the 21st century workforce in Pittsburgh.
Five tips for reaching out to Compact employers:
- Prepare – browse the website beforehand to familiarize yourself with who works there, what the organization does, and if they would be a good match for the intended career partnership.
- Connect – call and email to make sure that your message reaches the intended person within the company.
- Communicate clearly the W's – the who, what, where and when of the career event.
- Detail any special requests, such as visitors who would need clearances, during or soon after the initial contact.
- Maintain follow-up correspondence after the initial outreach – employers will need adequate time for correspondence and preparation for any career partnership or event.
The Pittsburgh Regional Compact is an employer-driven initiative collaboratively
sponsored by the Allegheny Conference on Community Development, business
leaders, educators, students, educational institutions and workforce development
organizations across the 10-county Pittsburgh region.